1 August 2013

DIY White & Glitter Bobby Pins

diy bobby pins, diy white bobby pins, white bobby pins

diy bobby pins, diy white bobby pins, white bobby pins
diy bobby pins, diy glitter bobby pins, glitter bobby pins
diy bobby pins, diy glitter bobby pins, glitter bobby pins


It has been 2 weeks since I'm on the holiday. I was busy with my exams and I have been saying that I will post more when the exams are over but I guess that wasn't the case. The first day of the holiday I have installed few video games which I have been playing for the last 2 weeks.  I was also thinking about my blog, and the fact that I didn't post for some time but I figured out that it isn't important at all how much I will blog. I will blog whenever I feel like it. I am blogging because it makes me feel happy. I don't want my blog to be a burden, I want it to be the place where I will share my thoughts and projects when I want to. I will post sometimes few days in a row, and maybe I wont post anything in months. And we should all blog for ourselves, not for others.
And now something about this post. I wanted white bobby pins for a while (you all know that my hair is now white/silver) but I couldn't find them anywhere, so I decided to DIY them. I have bought simple black bobby pins and painted them with my white nail polish. It's simple as that. I can finally have cute hairstyles without the black bobby pins showing out.
The other thing I did was glitter bobby pins. I thought that bobby pins don't have to be only for holding your hair, they can also be cute hair accessories. The process was same as in my DIY Glitter Box. First I painted them with the clear nail polish and while it's still wet I applied glitter. After they dried I added clear nail polish again, on the top of the glitter. And that's it. You have cute glitter bobby pins for the summer.
You might remember my DIY post where you can use them as dotting tools for painting your nails. If you missed it, you can read it here.
I hope you like this simple DIY. Be free to share your thoughts on it.
=^.^=

10 comments:

  1. I am so trying this! Great post.
    Oh, and your blog is adorable!

    xo,
    http://brianne-lee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really pretty =)

    I am following back now!

    I want to invite you to my first giveaway!
    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/2013/08/giveaway-clothing-from-ahaishopping.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. jednostavno, a predobro!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute and clever DIY! i'm going to try it, hopefully it'll help me stop losing all my bobby pins (i swear they dissappear into thin air!) x

    smoke + velvet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deluju predivno! Odlicna ideja! :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pretty much speeches now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuute! I love the glitter ones :)
    And I say blog whenever you want! It's your blog, you can do what you want with it, right?

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so sweet. Very good idea! I like your blog. Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me on gfc and bloglovin.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great DIY!!!
    Follow me on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    xx

    ReplyDelete