21 February 2014

My Nail Care Routine

My Nail Care Routine

My Nail Care Routine
My Nail Care Routine
My Nail Care Routine
My Nail Care Routine
My Nail Care Routine

This post is dedicated to all of you who have been asking me how I'm taking care of my nails. The only thing I don't like about them at the moment is that they are a little bit yellow-ish as you can see on the first picture. That doesn't really bother me because I always wear nail polish, but in case you don't want your nails being yellow, you can use lemon, tooth paste and many other methods you can find online.

I am not an expert, and this is only tutorial on how I'm taking care of nails. I'm not saying that you should do or have to do any of this, this is just my nail routine.

First thing that you have to do is making sure that your nails are clean. If you have nail polish on, you have to remove it but never use pure acetone. I always use nail polish remover with oil, whatever brand I can find. Also you need to wash your hands before going to the next step.

Now when you are sure that your nails are totally clean, it is time for milk treatment. All you have to do is soak your nails in warmed milk for 5 minutes. This should strengthen your nails. There are many different soaking treatments (lemon, olive oil, honey...) but I prefer this one because it's easy and simple, and I use olive oil in the next step.

Now comes the olive oil. Pour a little of it on to the cotton wool, and then rub it on the nails and on the area around them. I poured the olive oil into the old nail polish bottle, so I could store it more easily. This is not only for strengthening your nails, but also for your cuticles. It is very important to hydrate both your nails and your cuticles.

The previous 2 steps I do once a week.
The next step is the most simple of them all, something that almost every girl does every day: hand creme.

When you use your hand creme, pay attention to your nails and cuticles, rub your cream all over them. I like changing different cremes because of different ingredients in them. The first two are cremes from local brand (Dr.Plant) with shea butter and urea. The 3rd one is Pantenol which is good for multiple things, every household should have it. The last 2 are from Avon: Planet Spa with dead sea minerals and Naturals with vanilla which has the best smell ever. Those 5 are the ones that I am currently using, but the most important one is not on the picture because I ran out of it, but I will get it as soon as possible. It is Avon hand creme with glycerin and vitamin E, both of which are extremely good for your nails.

The 4th step is the Avon nail experts strong results. Avon says that it helps strengthen your nails in just 5 days. I am not sure about that, but I can say that it helped a little bit. It's better than not using it for sure. I use it every time when I do my nails, before applying the base coat. When I bought it I thought it was one of the Avon's base coats which strengthen your nails, but it is very liquid, almost like a water.

The last step before doing my nails is applying a base coat. This is very important step, which every girl should do. Base coat protects your nails from the nail polish, helps it last longer and most base coats have ingredients that will help your nails be stronger. On the last picture I have shown you 2 base coats which I'm using for the last 2 years, I have spent so many of them.

One of the most important things is filing your nails. You should always file them in one direction. I am using Avon's glass file.

And that is it, that is how I take care of my nails. If you have any questions you can ask me in the comments and I will reply to them. :)
=^.^=

4 comments:

  1. Kakve su te Dr.Plant .kreme i gde se mogu naci.Prvi put ih vidim.Hvala na odgovoru :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proizvodi ih Esensa koja proizvodi lekove i mnoge druge preparate, tako da ih mozes naci u vecini apoteka.
      Ova plava urea mi je srednja, ima dosta boljih krema, mada ni ona nije losa. Doduse nju najslabije koristim od ovih gore, dok sa Shea butterom obozavam, prelepo mirise i super budu ruke posle nje. Od ovih krema koje sam navela, kao sto rekoh favorit mi je Avonova sa glicerinom, pa onda mozda Dr.Plant sa Shea butterom.
      Ovde mozes da vidis vise o njihovim kremama:
      http://www.esensa.rs/proizvodi/Dr-Plant---Shea-Butter-medjicinski-krem-za-ruke/194
      http://www.esensa.rs/proizvodi/Dr-Plant-10-urea/97
      http://www.esensa.rs/proizvodi/Dr-Plant-Panten-cream-gel/82
      =^.^=

      Delete
  2. I've actually wondered about this for a while, so great post on your nail care routine!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, ovaj, nije mi nikada bio jasan ovaj deo oko turpijanja u jednom smeru. Mislim, kako je to moguce, kada ja moram da isturpijam u vise smerova da bih dobila oblik kakav zelim? Znam da je pitanje debilno ali ja sam tek odskora pocela da posvecujem paznju svojim noktima (do sad sam ih uvek sekla makazicama, mozda blago isturpijala ne obracajuci paznju na oblik i eventualno, if i feel puurrrdy, namazala bezbojnim lakom).

    ReplyDelete